FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Food for thought

I can't believe it's been two months since the last time i updated this thing...where to start??! I'm 28 weeks pregnant now so we are moving right along. Time seems to have come to a complete hault, probably because i'm so anxious to be done with this pregnancy. It's been kind of miserable...I think the circumstances are just more difficult this time. Working the night shift with minimal sleep, caring for a two-year-old that never stops moving, and trying to grow a baby all at the same time can be a bit strenuous :) I'm just ready for this to be overrrrr!
I had the dreaded glucose test last week and it was...dreadful haha. First off, the drink itself was so disgusting and made me so nauseated...and then by the time I arrived to the doctor's office to have the blood test done, i was seriously THIS CLOSE to passing out. I had to be taken to back room and lay down on the table where i basically had the spins and was sweating profusely. And this lasted for an hour! I couldn't get up!! Anyway, i was finally able to make my way home, but felt like crap for the next few days. Oh it was sooo awful! But the test came back normal...other than being anemic, everything looked fine. I am so glad that part is over...! So all in all, as you can see from the different blogs before this...this pregnancy has been slightly difficult a times, but baby girl is healthy and kicking and seems to be fine, so that's all that matters.
Switching gears....we just got back from a trip up to St. Johns this week. It had been over a year since i'd been there!! And it was so nice to get out of the heat. Morgan had such a blast playing with her cousins, running around barefoot in the backyard, jumping on the trampoline, playing with the animals...she seriously just seemed SO happy. I can't believe i'm saying this but, that trip really has me considering moving up there when i'm done with school. She just turned into a totally different kid...she was entertained the whole time, it was relaxing, it was quiet....I just think a place like that would be such a wonderful atmosphere to raise a child in...we even drove around the town looking at pieces of land for sale and talked about the idea of building a house out there in a couple years. I don't know, i could change my mind next month who knows...but it's a thought...?? Anyway, it was a good trip...
So that brings us up to date for now...12 weeks left in the pregnancy (maybe less if the doctor decides to take her early)...still no name, still no room set up...so much to do still but we will be ready...Our family is facing a lot of change in the next few months but we are excited and ready...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment