FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

It is officially May 9th...mother's day! Celebrating this day has me reflecting over the past two years of my life and how much I have learned and changed since the day I became a mother. It is both the hardest and most rewarding experience I have ever had, and while my two years on the job doesn't make me an expert quite yet, I do want to share what I've learned:

1. The day i became a mom is the day my life was no longer about me anymore. Sometimes it is frustrating and overwhelming, and sometimes I mourn the days when I only had myself to worry about...but then I realize that learning how to be unselfish and make sacrifices and have unconditional love for someone is so much better than anything i ever had before.
2. People say that having a child together can either make or break your relationship. Taylor and I talk all the time about how lucky we are that our situation became such a positive one. I love my husband more and more every day, and every day I am forced to take a step back and realize how incredibly lucky i am to have someone so patient and loving and devoted as he is.
3. Nothing will ever be more satisfying than when your child comes to you, wraps her arms around your leg, looks up at you and says "i love you mama". Nothing.
4. While it often seems that life flies by faster now that I am a mom, I have also realized that my daughter has been able to show me how to enjoy the simple things in life, not to worry about tomorrow, and to be grateful for what we have been given today. We are so lucky in so many ways and seeing how happy and healthy she is serves as a constant reminder of that.
5. Becoming a mom has solidified my belief that God has a plan for all of us. Morgan was a huge surprise, one that I somewhat resented during the pregnancy...but it gives me chills now to think about how incredible and miraculous her timing was...and the message that he was sending me when he created her.
6. I hope that I can do my best to show her nothing but love and support, so that she may someday have a child of her own, and and experience the joy and happiness that I have felt being her mother.

To all the mommies out there...thank you for all you do, all the sacrifices you have made in the name of motherhood, and the loving, selfless, beautiful women you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment